Sunday, June 29, 2008

To: God
Re: Evolution

That all makes sense, but you can’t be scientific with the afterlife short of killing yourself to find out, which kinda defeats the purpose of wanting to find out in the first place.


I can’t imagine how this country could get considerably worse. I try to think of one good thing about this country and struggle because everything that has the potential to be considered good has been screwed up by someone, mostly the government. Thinking of bad things is easy. All you have to do is look at the front page of any newspaper on any day.


There’s no meaning to life, aliens will kill everyone if people don’t grow up. You’re not doing much to boost my confidence in life.


The problem is, a lot of people don’t want humanity to evolve. A lot of people are happy to just stay where they are with their selfish, meaningless lives. Nobody’s going to want to change themselves to benefit everyone else. I don’t have much to lose. I want humanity to change, but I’m of a small minority. Funnily enough, I think it would be the religious people who would want people to change the most. Some of the teachings might be off, but religious people are more able to see what will work for the greater good. Other people can see the greater good too, but most of them don’t care. They’re only concerned with their own good.


Getting rid of disease would be amazing, but I wouldn’t want to let 99.9999% of humans loose with technology that could alter their genetic code and make them immortal. Why can’t people just be happy with what they’ve got? Forever is a long time to live.


Well, a lot of kids these days probably would be able to understand the function and dangers of sex, but they’re not mature enough to be able to make proper decisions about it. I’m sorry to say a lot of ‘adults’ aren’t either.


Maybe we could start enforcing laws about it all. I think they should, but would that not just be repressing people still? Laws are designed to stop people from doing stuff. Still, it’s not all linked to sex. There’s more to life than that, regardless of what other people might think.


I was going to have an early night tonight, but I just can’t while Jack’s around. I escaped from Jack and got home at 7 and told myself I was going to check my email and then go to bed, but when I checked my email he was on MSN and we got talking again so I decided I was going to answer your last message and talk to him at the same time then go bed, but every time I said I was going to go we always started talking about something else and here I am now still talking to him. Sleep just feels like a waste of time when Jack’s here, no matter how tired I get.


Camael, it’s not the same at all. Everyone has good things happen to them, some more than others, but everyone has them now and then. Start looking out for them and you might notice them more.


How do you know you’re not going to end up falling in love with another angel who’s going to make you less depressed and more something else? Michael’s managed to affect Gabriel enough to make her feel guilty about all of the kids she’s left behind, so it’s not impossible someone could make you less depressed.


You never know, you could go out somewhere and have fun. Being killed isn’t a common thing. It’s not like you have hitmen out to get you or anything. Why don’t you take some bodyguards with you or something? There has to be some way.


-Poppy


No comments: