Sunday, June 22, 2008

To: God
Re: Decisions, Money-spinning and Children


Well, I guess by now I’ve figured out that you’re not going to lie to me, but the truth can do more harm than good sometimes.


All of this natural consequences stuff is beginning to scare me, all about how tiny decisions can totally change the world. I really understand what you mean now after watching Doctor Who last night. In the real world, Donna went out driving one day and turned left. In a parallel universe, Donna turned right. Because of that, she never met the Doctor so the Doctor had to fight the Racnoss by himself and died, so he wasn’t there to stop all of the stuff that’s happened in Doctor Who since then, and the whole world was an absolutely terrible place just because she turned right instead of left! It makes me wonder how different my life could have been. I wonder how many of the little insignificant decisions I’ve made have directly contributed to the bad things that have happened in my life.


It’s the same with the good things too. I scare myself when I think about how if on that Sunday a few weeks ago I hadn’t decided to walk home the long way around, or if it had been raining, I never would have decided to catch the bus into town, would never have seen Damien’s other girlfriend, never would have gotten drunk, never would have made Gabriel decide to take justice into her own hands and ultimately would never have met Jack. I wonder how many good things like having Jack in my life I’ve missed out on just because of what at the time seemed like insignificant decisions.


I know Harry Potter is completely like a cult! In the past, if I’ve been talking to someone and tell them I like reading, they ask if I’ve read Harry Potter, and when I say no they look at me like there’s something wrong with me! The fans with brains (I think there are a few of them out there) are complaining how much worse JK Rowling’s writing has gotten since Harry Potter has become mega popular, and it’s because she’s trying to write books at superhuman speeds to keep her publishers happy, probably at the same time suffering from sleep deprivation because of all the book signings and media attention she’s getting that she wasn’t getting before when nobody knew who she was. It annoys me how she had to publish herself as JK Rowling rather than just Joanne Rowling because she didn’t think anyone would read her books if they thought they were written by a woman. That’s why I would never want to read Harry Potter. I’d rather read books by authors who see their writing as the art form it is rather than someone who sees it as a way to make money (very few of the books I like have movies of them, and none of them have ridiculous amounts of merchandise associated with them).


I knew it was too good to be true to think that something I believed in was something you agreed with. Still, Christianity shouldn’t have to change. It’s managed to survive for over 2000 years without changing. I’m against anyone who feels they have to change to fit in with everyone else, whether that’s Christians trying to fit into society or society trying to accommodate Christians. Christians have every right and reason to believe in what they do. They shouldn’t be under any pressure to change.


Well, I suppose you’ve never fallen in love, so you wouldn’t understand that it’s impossible to choose who you fall in love with. You can’t look at someone and think ‘should I love this person?’. You either do or you don’t. I felt so sorry for that couple in the news a few months ago who found out they were brother and sister. By then you can’t just decide you don’t love them any more. Still, if they had known from the beginning, I expect it would never have happened. The brother and sister could still marry other people and have normal kids.


With people with genetic disorders, it’s different because there’s a chance it’ll happen no matter who they have kids with. Sure, they could adopt, but you don’t get quite the same bond with a child that’s not yours.


It’s one thing when you can’t help having children like that, but it’s quite another to choose it. I could never accept that deaf couple a while ago who wanted doctors to make them have a deaf child. I’d rather have a disability than not exist, but I’d hate my parents if they made the deliberate decision to give me that disability. They were arguing that they are deaf and have a normal life, but I’d rather actually have a normal life than having to make the effort to have a normal life when I can’t hear anything.


Besides, this country makes it so difficult to adopt kids! It drives me nuts! There are so many kids out there who need foster parents. I’m not saying that there shouldn’t be checks and regulations on who can adopt or foster kids because there are a lot of evil people about, but they stop a lot of honest, legitimate people from fostering or adopting kids who really need someone to love and care for them. It really made me angry when I read in the news about that Christian couple who had all their foster children taken away because they refused to teach them about homosexuality. They had fostered so many kids and changed their lives so much for the better, and it was all put to a stop and the kids were taken back to some children’s home because those Christians stood up for what they believed was right. My dad has never spoken to me about homosexuality (or anything, actually) but they don’t take me away. Life is so unfair.


All this stuff about teaching kids about homosexuality is driving me nuts too. Are they trying to make the whole country gay? They’re giving out books with gay fairy tales to playschools to teach three year olds about homosexuality. Yeah, perhaps some of those kids have lesbian or gay ‘parents’, but they don’t understand it at that age. Sexuality has no place in playschool, or even primary school.


I’m finding it hard to accept the fact that you’re seriously suggesting that I should go out and murder if that’s what I really think I should do. There might not be any consequences after I die, but this is one of those cases where the truth can do more harm than good.


Okay, rant over. Not sure where all that negativity came from, because I’m actually in a pretty good mood. Must be because I’m tired. I went out to the club with Jack last night and had a really good time, and it was actually made better by the fact that Damien was there. We got there and Damien was there with Michelle (who’s got a real bump showing now) and Damien saw me there with Jack. You should have seen his face! He was so jealous! Not that Jack’s my boyfriend, but it won’t hurt to give Damien the impression that he is. Damien was just staring at me, jealous, Michelle looked too and realised he was looking at me, slapped Damien and then stormed off, Damien followed her and I never saw either of them after that. It made me laugh.


It’s beyond me how Jack manages to go out on a Saturday night and still be up for church the next morning. He phoned me this morning to see if I wanted to go to church with him – you’d never be able to tell with him that he was up until 2 last night. It’s a different story with me. Anyway, of course I went with him. I’m happy to go wherever Jack wants to go. We both went out this afternoon. The weather was so nice. The sun makes me so tired though. We went to the park and sat on the swings for a while and I was just about ready to go to sleep. Still, I don’t think I’d ever be able to sleep while Jack was there. He’s just too much fun to be with.


Gabriel, I don’t care how ‘cute’ I am when there’s NOBODY WATCHING! Stop it! There are laws about this kind of thing. I’m being serious. I really want you to stop.


Have you ever actually managed to get a DJ at a nightclub to play Yellow Submarine? You could pick an easier song to try and get them to play.


Is it just that it’s a nice song? I thought you were going to say it brought back memories or something, with it being the 1960s and all that free love going on.


It’s nice to hear that Michael can get you to see the problems you cause other people with your ways, even if no-one else can. I’ll have to see if I can get him to talk to you about this business with me in the shower.


If you didn’t want to be a parent, you should have thought of that before you decided to have sex with so many people. Still, you don’t have to visit them one after the other. Take your time. Maybe set aside a day or two where you visit a different person each month or something. I expect a lot of your kids don’t even know who their mum/dad is. If someone got me pregnant then disappeared and I never saw them again, I’d be pretty annoyed. Do something good for once in your life.


No, I didn’t see it, but knowing Paris Hilton and knowing you, it’s not hard to imagine you wanting to watch something like that.


Reality TV as a whole annoys me. As if they don’t make enough money from advertising, they make stupid low budget programmes that just follow people around doing nothing, and run competitions and votes to get more money out of people. Big Brother is the worst. How much money does it cost to have a load of people sitting around and film them? It’s beyond me who wants to watch a group of the world’s most annoying people stuck in a house having sex with each other for however many weeks. Oh, wait. You, I expect.


Yeah, I have to live with my dad, the keyword being have. It’s not a choice I made, so I see no reason I should have to speak to him. It’s more likely to upset me than do any good. I’d rather be stuck in the Big Brother house with Raphael and Camael.


-Poppy


No comments: