Thursday, June 05, 2008

To: God
Re: Dressing up and the rules


Nature certainly seems to have a lot of ways of making sure we don’t multiply too fast. It doesn’t look like it’s working very well though.

Most people just don’t need to know how computers work. I’ve never needed to know before, which is why I don’t know. People only tend to know the things they need to know, or things that interest them. It’s not like nobody knows how computers work though, since they wouldn’t exist if nobody knew. As long as somebody knows, does it really matter?

Death can’t always be inevitable. My mum couldn’t possibly have known or predicted what was going to happen, even if her soul was ready to move on. How can it be inevitable when other people caused her death?


Maybe some people can manage to control their emotions, but those people don’t have the amount of things happen to them that I have. If I tried, then perhaps I’d be able to shut things out too, but I’ve had so many things happen to me, it’s impossible to ignore them all. If I didn’t know better, I’d say someone was making it all happen on purpose and laughing at me as it all happens just the way they wanted it to.

I can see how the truth can destabilise peoples’ lives, but not half as much as lies can. If Damien had told me what was going on from the beginning, I might have been able to forgive him. Half of what annoys and upsets me so much about everything he did is not the things themselves, but how he had to lie to me about it for months.

I can’t see the world is going to change any time soon. Even if someone did decide they were going to teach children in school how to think properly, you said yourself most adults don’t think properly, so who’s going to teach the children to think that way? I don’t think that anyone would make the decision to teach things like that anyway. The people who have the power to decide what’s taught in schools probably like the way the world is with them at the top. I wish the world wasn’t that way, but it is. I wish the world could just be so that everyone’s equal and everyone helps each other instead of trying to better themselves by putting other people down.

What if someone knew exactly what they wanted? Would you still not help them? I know you’re probably going to say that people never do really know what they want, and you’re right, but just pretend for a moment that they did know. How can you sit there watching people suffer when it’s more than within your power to do something about it? I can’t bear to watch things on the news when natural disasters and things like that happen, and there’s nothing I can do about that.

Are you not at all bothered that people are destroying the world that you made? Even if you didn’t make it quite like the Bible says, you still caused it to be. I’d be annoyed if I was you.

Maybe I could cause some murderous rampage by chance by not dressing up like I used to, but couldn’t it work in reverse as well? I could cause something good to happen that might not have happened otherwise. I probably would feel better looking in the mirror if I paid more attention to myself, but I can’t really appreciate it if there’s no-one else around to appreciate it. That’s why I stopped trying so hard after me and Damien split and I could go the whole day without seeing anyone else.

I know enough about Gabriel to be sure that she prefers everyone when they’re in the shower. It’s not like she’s around to see me anyway, no matter what I’m wearing.

Damien deserves everything he’s got coming to him. It would probably make me feel a bit better about things if Michelle did turn psychopathic on him. I just can’t wait until she finds out about his other girlfriend. I’d quite like to know myself, actually. He’s managed to keep her pretty well hidden so far. I can’t help but think that if I had just had sex with Damien, none of this would have happened though. I just feel sorry for Michelle’s baby and the life it’s going to have.

I know how society can consider killing acceptable in some circumstances, but I can’t. Even if it’s in self defence, I don’t know if it’s right. I just think two wrongs don’t make a right.

People shouldn’t have to discuss the rules of their relationship when they get together. Most of the rules are well known and common sense. Cheating, for instance. The fact that Damien lied to me about it just shows that Damien knew that rule was there, he just chose to ignore it.

Even if I do meet someone else, the memories of Damien will still be there.

I just wish there was some way I could just forget everything that’s happened in my life and start again. It wouldn’t be a big loss to me if I woke up with amnesia in some strange place where nobody knew who I was.

Gabriel, nice to have you back! Camael was really beginning to get on my nerves. I think in the future I’m just not going to try to reason with angels, because Camael and Raphael have proven to me that it doesn’t work.

You’ve got me wondering though, what was I like when I was drunk? I can’t remember any of it, and I want to know.

I can’t imagine you being motherly. How do you create your own life form anyway? It seems like playing God to me.

-Poppy

No comments: