Thursday, June 26, 2008

To: Poppy
Re: Faith and Sex

It is difficult to have a good view of religion. By its very nature it is based on faith, and therefore no true standard is maintained because everything can be interpreted in more than one way. It used to be that it was a direct means of control, now it is different because most of the people who could be said to have that control don't know this. Still, the end result is the same. These bad things might have increased since religion has become less popular, but there are better methods involving the truth that would help society solve these problems.


There is no real need to teach sex education until children are about to hit puberty, but if it is done correctly, no real harm will come of it. Disavowing people who become pregnant while not being married is not the answer though, society will only be restricting themselves sexually, when they should be freeing themselves, albeit with a view towards safety first.


Of course, they shouldn't be giving out contraception to anyone under the age of consent. Whether that should itself be changed is another issue, but the point is if the law is confused about it then children can't help but be as well. It's a foolish message to say the age of consent is 16, then hand out contraceptives to people younger than that.


Of course, the people saying children as young as five should be taught sex education are wrong. They are not in a position to understand it properly. Of course, that's what you get under democracy, everyone's opinion, even the stupid people.


It is entirely possible to think about falling in love, far from a need it is simply a desire. It can be rationalised, just like everything else. People don't tend to like doing it though, because if they did they might realise it's not everything.


Humans do have certain things they consider very private, and being in the shower is obviously one of them. Obviously at the core this is simple embarrassment, and hardly rational. Gabriel's not really capable of understanding this properly I'm afraid.


-----Original Message-----


From: Complaints Department [mailto:Address removed by anti spam software]

Sent: 25 June 2008 21:15

To: God

Subject: FW: Sex Education


Before I start this miserable task I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed...


Of course, now that you're slightly happier you have to be horrible about me. As soon as I left and all. Not that I expect any better though... I don't suppose I deserve any better either.


I suppose it's always going to be this way, at least in your life you've been happy for a while. Maybe that'll even make up for me being here somewhat. Probably best it won't be for too long, depending on how much the perverse one gets delayed by her children's emotional problems. If they're a billionth of mine she'll probably be spending at least one of your years with each of them.


I know I'll probably end up ruining your good mood, but I can't help that. Just writing that reminds me how sad I am, not that I ever need to be reminded of that fact so I don't know why I bothered to say that. Oh well, if people ignore me I expect I shall just go away eventually...


Love and light are things that affect other people,

Camael


Signature - I'm not always this depressed... Except when I feel, think or do anything really...

No comments: