Friday, June 27, 2008

To: God
Re: Priorities

Well, religion is better than nothing. I know it gave meaning to my life, just like it does to a lot of other people too.


It doesn’t have to be that way, but it usually is. People might not automatically have sex with anyone, but it does lead onto that for an awful lot of people. It’s a slippery slope. There’s so much sex education today it’s completely out of hand, and people still go out and have sex all the time. What kind of laws did you have in mind?


Schools already provide enough information and precautionary measures these days, but the kids that are smart enough to pay proper attention to that stuff are the ones that are smart enough to not have sex at that age. Full grown adults don’t care about that stuff in the heat of the moment. How do you expect kids to be any better?


Giving sex a seal of approval…if I didn’t know better I’d say you were in it with Gabriel.


I hate politics. It’s so opinionated and they always seem these days to be introducing laws to get as much money from people as they possibly can. If I walk into town, I walk past two speed cameras, and on some days they have a van there trying to catch people out too. All this stuff about paying money when people throw rubbish away and the ridiculous price of fuel. All this tax people are paying and they still can’t sort out the NHS. The nearest NHS dentist to me is 37 miles away. The dentist in town went private 7 years ago. After that it was 6 miles away. I could catch the bus then. After they went private the closest one was 25 miles away and now it’s 37 miles. I don’t go to the dentist now. Haven’t been in years. It takes 3 and a half hours to get there because I’d have to take four different buses to get there. Not that I’d even be able to get in there anyway. Every time there’s an NHS dentist taking patients people queue up like they’re giving away free diamonds.


I can’t remember the last time I saw a policeman where I live. I don’t go much more than a week without seeing a traffic warden though. They have PDAs now so they can keep track of how long all the cars have been parked there so they can pounce when they’ve been there too long.


Still, could be worse, I suppose. I could be living in Zimbabwe.


Camael, you really contradict yourself. You complain that you never meet anyone or nobody gets to know you, but you tell me not to worry. I do worry about you. I know how it feels. I’m getting to know you, and I haven’t killed myself. Surely that’s a good thing? Something to not be depressed about?


You should really read back what you wrote to me. “Even if you don't realise it, if you don't want to be depressed you don't have to be.” If being the angel of depression isn’t working for you, why don’t you just dedicate yourself to something different?


-Poppy


No comments: