Sunday, June 22, 2008

To: God
Re: Parenting

Is time travel actually possible? That’s a scary thought.


How do you know that smiling at a passerby won’t stop something else good happening, or cause something bad to happen? That extra second you spend smiling at that person could make the difference between a speeding car hitting you or missing you, or you not meeting someone you would otherwise have met.


Well, it’s a matter of opinion whether or not any given group is worthwhile belonging to. I’m not Christian like I used to be, but I still believe it’s a worthwhile group to belong to. If Christianity did change, it wouldn’t be Christianity any more.


In the Pope’s defence though, you’re supposed to be incapable of changing, and the Bible does say that you said contraception is bad. If you never change, and their beliefs are based on what you said, why should they change?


What’s the point of being in love if it’s not romantic? It’s not really love if it’s not. Why is there such a need to reduce everything to science these days? Things like that is where Harry Potter came from! People get so fed up with it all they turn to magic for the desperate need to believe there’s something science can’t explain.


Contraception and surgery don’t always work though. There have been cases where people who are supposedly sterilised have had children, and there’s no type of contraception that’s 100% safe.


Human rights people hold that everyone has the right to a child. That includes people with genetic disorders, people in prisons, anyone. There’s a chance that some people will have children with genetic disorders, but there’s a difference between leaving it to chance and deliberately causing it. It’s not anyone’s fault when it’s chance.


On a similar note, human rights say that everyone has a right to privacy. Can you have a word with Gabriel for me? I can’t get through to her.


Okay, I don’t want to be a murderer YET. You don’t know what could happen. I could end up murdering someone who was otherwise going to go on to have some totally unique experience that you haven’t managed to fulfil yet. I’m sure you’ve had enough experience of people murdering other people.


I don’t know why Michelle stays with Damien. It must be for the baby’s sake (although, she was pretty drunk last night. She shouldn’t drink like that if she’s pregnant). I couldn’t get rid of Damien quick enough when I found out he’d been cheating on me. I can’t imagine Damien being much of a dad, either.


I can’t really argue with what you said about Jack. It sums up the way he makes me feel.


Gabriel, yeah, I know. I’d never be able to tell Jack. He’d never believe me anyway. All these secrets are a burden. If I did tell him and he did believe me, I expect he’d say something along the lines of ‘That Gabriel seemed such a good person in the Bible. I can’t believe she’d be such an immoral person to watch someone in the shower, and still continue after you’ve specifically asked her to stop several times. Angels are supposed to be good people’. Gabriel, I REALLY mean it. Every time I say, you ignore me.


I do worry about all the damage this is doing my mind. A few months ago I would have been shocked at the idea that the angel Gabriel was the cause of the 1960s. I guess I don’t need to guess what kind of fun you and that DJ got up to either.


I’ll take your word for it on Paris Hilton. I’m sure you know more on that subject than I do.


Nice to hear you’re going to do something good though. I know a lot of kids these days grow up with only one parent, but that doesn’t make it the best thing for them. Look at me.


Yeah, I wouldn’t be able to stand living with Camael. Of course, you’re assuming that I wouldn’t end up murdering Raphael or committing suicide before Camael could get to me. Me being in the Big Brother house wouldn’t be that much different to my life at the moment anyway. Stuck in a house with people I hate and other people watching me in the most private parts of my life. I’m sure you’re cutting years off my life with all this blood pressure you’re giving me! Consider yourself lucky you’re not in punching distance from me.


-Poppy


No comments: