Thursday, June 26, 2008

To: God
Re: Liberation and 'Democracy'

Well, if religion is that bad because it’s based on faith, why do you allow it to exist? Why did you not make the truth more obvious? People turn to religion because it provides answers to things that other sources just can’t provide. Logic can’t tell you what happens to you after you die other than the fact that your body’s going to waste away. Religion can. Okay, apparently none of them have it right, but they’re a lot closer to the mark than science is.


People freeing themselves is the last thing they should do. I’m all up for being liberated and all, but it’s a slippery slope. Once you decide it’s okay to have sex outside marriage, people start having it with their partners, then they’ll have it with anyone and it all turns into what we have today. Then kids start happening because of these one night stands who grow up with only one parent, and as such get the message that because their parents did it it’s okay for them to do it, and it just gets worse and worse. Most people just aren’t responsible enough to be ‘free’ and not cause problems.


I completely agree that they shouldn’t give out contraception in schools, even to kids who are above the age of consent. It’s like giving it a seal of approval. It’ll just encourage kids to have sex. This country annoys me. They just can’t seem to get anything right. ‘Democracy’ doesn’t always work. Who thought Gordon Brown was a good idea? What GOOD has he done for Britain? It’s not democracy when someone can come to power without being elected.


After Damien, I’ve realised that love shouldn’t be everything. When you lose your everything, you have nothing. Still, doesn’t mean I’d want to think about it. It takes the romance away from it, and without romance, you might as well just be friends.


A lot of angels seem to be like that to me. The only angel I’ve spoken to yet who understands is Michael, and he’s so understanding that I wonder if he’s so understanding to make up for how understanding the others aren’t.


Oh Camael, you’re always depressed. I’m sorry if I sounded horrible, but your attitude wears off on me, even when you’re not here. You always make me feel depressed, and I don’t want to be depressed. The only way I can not be depressed is to stop you being depressed.


You can learn from me. You know how bad my life was a while ago, but now I’ve found Jack, my life’s not so bad. You have no idea how great it is to have someone to spend time with. Me and Jack went to the park today and fed the ducks. It’s amazing to have someone there to speak to and spend time with, even doing stupid little things like feeding ducks. There’s no reason you couldn’t find someone too. No reason at all. I know you’re going to try to convince me there is, but there isn’t. Tell yourself that. I used to honestly believe I was never going to meet anyone I could be friends with, and now look, there’s someone living on the same street as me. There’s no reason you couldn’t find someone. NO reason.


Don’t let people ignore you. People like you and me need someone. I don’t know how I ever coped without Jack. Problems don’t seem half as bad when there’s someone to listen. Why don’t you tell me about all of these emotional problems you’ve apparently got? A problem shared is a problem halved.


-Poppy


No comments: