Thursday, May 15, 2008

To: Poppy
Re: Religions

Oh I didn't say it 'will' happen, just that it could. Of course, the risk of being killed (by aliens or a car) is always there. You knew that, so why would fear of alien invasion faze you any more than crossing the street?


You could almost have been said to have had no choice in your religious beliefs. You were brought up to believe in a very specific God. Nobody really ever told you any different, and those that might have done were not the kind of people to associate with. All I did however, was told you the truth. I am not the only source of this in your world, your scientists do it every day.


It might well be better for human society if I came in, erased all religious knowledge from everyone's minds and buggered off leaving everyone with only rational thoughts. Of course, I didn't create you that I might control you so directly. War could end tomorrow if only people would agree not to kill each other. That though, like everything else, is for humans to do. Faith doesn't make peace, only people can do that.


As for all the many religions, you're quite right in that they're all rubbish. They all have misguided ideas, such as worship of myself, heaven and hell, holiness and sin. Of course, no religion could sustain itself with the truth, because it would immediately identify itself as totally irrelevant. Those in power tend to want more power, not less. The reason you're getting this 'direct line to God' as opposed to someone (or everyone) else, is simply because this is how it goes in this experience. That and you asked...


Of course, the 'different races' are really not so different. Not genetically anyway. They have different cultures, different languages and ideals... But they're all human beings. The world did not start with Adam and Eve, the first humans could only just about grunt, they had no chance of making their own names.


I hate to get all mystical on you, but if you're not finding there's anywhere outside to go to calm your mind, maybe you could have a look inside your mind? What are your dreams like for one? That's a really good indicator of your emotional status. Dreams are the minds way of processing the days emotional baggage.


Of course, human beings weren't designed to be completely alone. There's nothing wrong in relying on friends to help you through troubled times. In fact, having friends like that is one of the real positives souls report when they come back. Now, Damien's one of these people who lives based on his pride. He doesn't tend to think, "how's this person going to feel?". He tends to think, "how's this going to make me look?". Naturally, he's not alone in this.


Well, perhaps changing your phone number and not telling him would be a plan? Good to have a mobile in an emergency but if you're just getting unwanted messages off your ex...


-----Original Message-----


From: Complaints Department [mailto:Address removed by anti spam software]

Sent: 14 May 2008 18:42

To: God

Subject: FW: Different people


I think I should make it clear I'm feeling very down today...


That aside, this is the latest message in this pointless task.


I might not be as evil as Raphael, but I'm worse off... Hey at least he has his trout! I tried that about 500 of your years ago, didn't work for me. Course, nothing does.


Hey at least she's had a boyfriend... Nobody loves me. Not that there's any reason anyone should of course... Nobody even notices me unless I'm in the way, which I usually seem to be. People did used to try and be nice, but it was all fake and anyway they all avoid me now.


Love and light are things that affect other people,


Camael


Signature - I'm not always this depressed... Except when I feel, think or do anything really...



No comments: