Wednesday, May 07, 2008

To: God
Re: Experiences

I do have to disagree with you on one point. In my experience (wow, I’m beginning to sound like you now) people don’t do what they think will lead to the least hurt. I know I do, but most people don’t worry about other people. They’re only worried about what will bring them the most benefit.


Okay, here’s a question for you: How will you know when you’ve had all the experiences that are out there? Surely if there are infinite possibilities, then there infinite experiences to be had, and it’ll never end?


How specific are these experiences? Is it like doing something really specific in a certain time and place, or is it just a general sort of experience, like the difference between just reading any book or reading a specific page of a specific book? What about experiences that you missed out on? Like if something happens that stops you from experiencing something. What then?


What are you going to do after you’ve had all the experiences that are there to be had?


I’m still not buying into this whole ‘choosing to suffer’ thing. I didn’t ask that guy to kill my mum any more than I asked Dad to completely ignore me for nine years afterwards while bringing home girlfriends who are only a few years older than I am now. Do you honestly expect me to try to be happy about that? How can anyone see that as anything but bad?


Hey Gabriel, welcome back! I’m so glad you’re back again. I don’t think I could take much more of Raphael. Him and his ideas almost gave me a heart attack more than once. I’ll let you off for starting it all though because of what you did to Damien.


What you said about the explosives though, do you think he’s thought it through enough to stop his trout getting blown up as well if someone tries to touch it?


And please, I’d like to celebrate Christmas this year. I’ve heard enough about you to imagine what you and the ‘virgin’ Mary might have got up to, and I’m sure the truth is much worse than I imagine it might be.


-Poppy


No comments: