Monday, May 05, 2008

To: Poppy
Re: A Better Life

Well, you might be less upset if you try to stop taking personal responsibility for things that are not your fault and that you could not have predicted. You would regret doing those things, simply because of who you are. Not to say you can't do them though, after all, morals and feelings haven't stopped people doing things like that before.


All I am doing, all I can do, is tell you 'how it is'. How you use that is up to you. Do you not see that because of this, you are now thinking much more freely than you might have before? The girl who went to church every Sunday to pray to me would never have dared suggest to God that she might go out on a drug induced incestual sex spree!


This is the point, you have the choice now to do these things. You had the choice before of course, but other people made you believe you didn't.


In actual fact, women are not in any way better than men, and vice versa of course. Both have the equal potential to be whatever they want to be. People often choose things they know are bad for them, which is why 'democracy' the way it's set up is not working as it might. Most people are concerned only for their own lives, and their votes reflect that. For a society, this is not a good thing. In the end, it's not a good thing for the individual either, because as society falls so do they.


For now then, your purpose is deciding on a worthy purpose. You say to me that you're almost ready to 'go out and do whatever you want', and you should. But as a conscious being, you must ask yourself how you're going to feel later, and whether that's the result you want.


There's an old quote which I think might apply here - "It is easy to go down into Hell; night and day, the gates of dark Death stand wide; but to climb back again, to retrace one's steps to the upper air - there's the rub, the task."


Hell doesn't exist of course, but people can feel like they're in it. In other words If you start doing some of the things you've suggested, you might end up having more in common with Raphael than Michael.


Angel's dedicate themselves almost entirely to a particular ideal or object. The idea is to see how one explores that dedication to its fullest, how one with such an obsession relates to others, and how they feel at the end. By contrast, humans are born knowing nothing, having to learn everything from scratch and much more able to pick and choose.


I don't see that life is all that bad for you. I can only see 'losing' someone like Damien to be a good thing. And not to sound too cold-hearted, but humans do die. It is the result of being born, and it is the only way for you to come back home, or to another life.


-----Original Message-----

From: Complaints Department [mailto:Address removed by anti spam software]

Sent: 5 May 2008 14:52

To: God

Subject: FW: George Bush and someone else just as bad


This is the latest one, please give me some time that I might be able to send it a personal reply.


The exchange is set for tonight, it seems Gabriel has been convinced to surrender the fish in exchange for the return of the money.


However, during our last negotiating session a few hours ago, my agent managed to get a successful trace on her. I won't say exactly where she is, for fear of someone tipping her off but it seems she is in a Mosque.


I have two of my people in the Mosque right now looking for that fish. If they manage to retrieve it unharmed, I will have suicide bombers destroy Gabriel's mortal form, forcing her to return here where I will ensure she is suitably punished. On this planet, I doubt it's people blowing themselves up for no obvious reason will shock anyone.


My contingency is, that when Michael discovers where the money comes from he will make Gabriel cancel the deal.


If they fail, and Gabriel refuses to cancel, it will come to the worst possible result. I'll have to agree to her demands.


Reply to it:


First of all, Gabriel is far away enough that you're not going to be able to harm my trout. I also know that Michael will not allow Gabriel to damage my trout, because if she does I will use nuclear weapons as a means of finding her. I'll know when I've hit the right spot because she will be forcibly returned here.


I'll concede that not 'all' humans are that bad. Some are even somewhat enlightened folks. But a race is represented by the worst of its kind, not the best. You're race proves this irrefutably with its governments. Not only do human beings consider themselves separate from others individually, but they consider groups of humans separate from other groups. Christians and Muslims, Americans and Germans, Blacks and Whites.


Well, maybe cute is the wrong word. Other angels use the word cute. I use the word expendable.


Love, light and trout,

Raphael

No comments: