Monday, May 12, 2008

To: God
Re: Sparing my feelings

Okay, fair enough that it can be counterproductive to lie to people, but it wouldn’t have hurt on this one occasion. I’m even more paranoid about aliens now. I’m going to spend the rest of my life worried now that we’re all going to be killed, and since you said it’ll all be over pretty quick if it does happen, it’s not like I’m any better off worrying about it because it’ll be too quick for me to form an escape plan or something while I’m sat here worrying about it. To make it worse, the kind of aliens who are ethically inclined to kill me aren’t the type of aliens I can reason with. They’re going to kill us all regardless of what reasoning I can come up with in the meantime to tell them.


World War 2 still wouldn’t have happened without Hitler regardless of whether or not he imposed his will or not. Anyway, that was seventy years ago now. It wouldn’t happen again today.


I don’t want to be told exactly how to live my life, but a little help would be nice. Life’s so complicated and it’s nice to have the Bible there to give guidance on things. Or rather, it was nice. There are some things that are obviously wrong, but there’s other stuff I don’t know how to feel about.


What you said about faith though, you’re still there, even if people can’t prove it. Does it really matter if there’s no proof? We can’t prove that aliens exist either and they apparently do now. How is that any different?


Gabriel, if only it was that easy! Even if I chose that I didn’t want to feel all of things that I feel, it’s not like I can just turn them off like you can. True, if people didn’t do things to upset me, I wouldn’t have to experience all of the feelings I do, but it’s not my choice to have them do the things they do. As it is, I’m surrounded by people who seem to do everything they can to hurt me, so I don’t have a choice to feel everything I do feel about that.


I guess you wouldn’t understand the whole relationship thing. Okay, another example. What if Michael did something that wiped out everything even slightly perverted in the world and made it impossible to have sex? Would you still be able to love him, even though he’s done the worst possible thing imaginable for you? Because that’s what happened with me and Damien.


You have over a thousand kids? I was expecting you to say a few dozen at the most. All I can say is that at least it’s a good thing you’re a lot more responsible now.


You shouldn’t laugh at people who are depressed. You don’t know how it feels to be that way.


-Poppy


No comments: