Monday, May 05, 2008

To: God
Re: Hedonism and Natural Disasters

You’re right, you know. I would regret doing those things, but I’m just not sure what to think any more. My world is just being continually turned upside down at the moment. The girl who went to church every Sunday wouldn’t have her Bible on the floor right now either. It kind of fell off my desk and I haven’t picked it up yet…


Isn’t the world such a messed up place because people believe they have the choice to do whatever they want? Okay, I’m now apparently thinking more freely, and it seems that I’m thinking freely as everyone else now. As freely as all of those other people who think it’s fine to go out and steal, murder, wreck the environment and everything else they do. If that’s true, then I don’t want to think freely. I was better off being told what to do by a book, even if that book is so far removed from the truth it’s unrecognisable. Hundreds of years ago, the world never had the problems the world has today, because everyone believed in you in one form or another so they would never think of going out and doing the things that a lot of people do on a daily basis now. Like you said about democracy, people are only concerned with themselves. A few hundred years ago, people were more concerned with society, because they were concerned about you as well. You can’t say that me, or anyone else is better off knowing ‘how it is’, because that’s why society is so messed up right now.


I can completely agree with those people who can feel like they’re in Hell. I’ve been feeling like I’m in Hell for about a month and a half now.


I feel sorry for all those people in Burma now. They say 10,000 people have been killed in that cyclone. I bet all the people left there are feeling like they’re in Hell too. What’s the deal with natural disasters? I understand that you said evil comes from human beings, but why do natural disasters need to happen? Why did you create volcanoes and tidal waves and stuff to make people suffer? It’s not the result of conscious choices or poor decisions. All those people…


You said I should decide on a worthy purpose. The problem is that there’s nothing I want to do that won’t make me feel bad later. The only people who I used to enjoy being around are dead or off screwing other girls. The only thing that got me through the bad times was you, and now you’ve told me that I should start ignoring what the Bible says because it had nothing to do with you and I should start doing what I think I should, but I don’t know what I should do or even what I want to do.


Since I’m only an ‘it’, not a she, please pass this bit onto the other ‘it’:


Are you completely out of your mind? Are you stupid enough to have suicide bombers blow up a mosque? They’re gonna retaliate if you do and they’re going to head straight for Britain. You’re going to get hundreds of people killed! Is there nothing that’s going to stop you? You’re prepared to use nuclear weapons to get to Gabriel? You’re insane! You talk to me about morals. I’m the one who won’t even use a can of fly killer because I feel too bad.


You say about how a race is represented by the worst of its kind. You’re representing the angels right now. You complain about our government. At least on the rare occasion they start wars, it’s over something serious. You’re prepared to unleash nuclear weapons over a fish!


We consider ourselves individually because we’re all individuals. Even if we see people in groups, the people in those groups are individuals. There are an infinite number of groups. With you, there are only three groups – Raphael, trout, and the other group made up of everything and everyone else that doesn’t matter. Everything else is expendable, apparently.


If it wasn’t for all that charity money, there’s nothing I’d like to see more than you have to give in to Gabriel’s demands. I’d be there with a camera.


-Poppy


No comments: