Tuesday, May 06, 2008

To: God
Re: All's well that ends well


I’m not saying the world should be full of mindless drones, but I can’t help but feel that some people would be happier that way. I know free will is good and everything, but the world is a horrible place because of it. Hundreds of years ago, the majority of people didn’t do the things they do today because they believed in you. Okay, they couldn’t prove you existed, but we still can’t today (in fact, I’m sure with all these emails I have more proof than the rest of the human race combined, assuming I’m not still in the middle of some psychotic episode and I’m imagining all of this). You're still there, regardless of whether they could prove it or not. The fact is that since people stopped believing in you, the mental barriers that were there stopping them from doing the things that they do all the time now have pretty much disappeared. I’m sure that hundreds of years ago people weren’t afraid to go outside on the streets after dark because of gangs hanging around. People could get on a bus or a train (not that buses or trains existed back then, but whatever means they went somewhere by) without having to worry about if the person sat next to them had a gun in their bag or was going to blow themselves up and take everyone else with them. Everyone seems to be living in fear these days, and a lot of the time people are only ‘happy’ because someone or something else is suffering because of it. I know people still stole, murdered and wrecked the environment hundreds of years ago, but nowhere near on the scale they do today. I’m having a hard time convincing myself that free will is really worth it if it makes so many people suffer.


It’s the same you say about making people worship you. It’s good that people have the choice. I wouldn’t want them to be forced to, but when everyone did look up to you, they wouldn’t have dared to do all the things they do now all the time. Is it worth having the choice if everyone suffers because of it?


It’s so easy for you to just say that all’s well that ends well. You’re not stuck in the middle of it all.


I don’t know what I think I should do. You say to use common sense, but it doesn’t help. When I think about what I think I would feel bad about doing later, I don’t know if it’s because I would genuinely feel bad about it, or whether it’s because I’ve spent my whole life being told by the Bible that it’s bad. How am I supposed to decide?


There’s a contradiction here, you know. How can you say that all these natural disasters are a form of population control, when it was you who created sex so that people could enjoy it? You were complaining a while ago how people used to only have sex once they were married and only then to have children, but all of the people who these days go out and do it are the ones pushing up the population. Idiots like Damien and Michelle who go out and have sex without a second thought because they enjoy it then complain when they get pregnant. It’s their fault you feel it’s necessary to have natural disasters to kill thousands of people because there are too many of them, but it’s not the fault of the people who get killed. If you really have to kill people to keep the population down, can’t you be a bit more selective about it? Can’t you kill people who actually deserve it and the world would be a better place without them?


I’m giving up on trying to talk sense into Raphael. He’s so hypocritical! He was willing to ruin the lives of millions of people just for his trout, but when Gabriel takes his trout and ruins his life, he’s all up in arms about it. I expect Gabriel was enjoying herself stealing that trout. It’s a good thing Michael was there to sort things out. If Gabriel was working on the same basis as Raphael, she’d have kept the trout, because as long as she was enjoying herself, then nothing else mattered. I can’t believe his ethics are so narrow-minded that he was willing to use nuclear weapons for his trout. He just doesn’t care about anyone else, does he? I’m surprised he didn’t just keep the charity money and buy a trout farm. He doesn’t understand that it’s not the money I was worried about. It’s not the value of it, it’s the power it has to do some good in the world. If he had stolen the money from the mafia or something, I couldn’t have cared less. In fact, it would have been better. Gabriel would have had sex with Raphael, Raphael would have got his trout back and everyone would have been happy.


I just hope this teaches Raphael a lesson to keep his trout better guarded, although the pure and chaste thing is never going to work. I was pure and chaste, and there was nothing you could do to stop Gabriel coming to find me once she knew I was a virgin (why am I using past tense? I still am a virgin). Something pure and chaste isn’t an anti-Gabriel system. It’s a Gabriel magnet.


Is Gabriel back yet? It’s not until you talk to someone so selfish like Raphael that you realise that Gabriel’s not that bad after all.


-Poppy


No comments: