Friday, May 02, 2008

To: God
Re: Angels, the good book and the bad book

I’m sure that must have been the longest hangover in the world. I spent a good hour yesterday morning throwing up in the bathroom, but that seems to have been the last of it thankfully. I swear, I’m never drinking again. I still can’t quite believe there were two real life angels right next to me and I had no idea. I just wish I could have remembered it.


With the angels, did you make them to dedicate themselves to these experiences, or is it something they decided for themselves? Saying Gabriel’s ‘dedicated’ is certainly one way of putting it. What does Michael see in her? When you put it the way you do, I’m really glad that Michael lets Gabriel ‘let off some steam’, but it seems like she’s a bad influence on him.


What is it about Raphael that makes him like trout so much? I can understand Michael and Gabriel, since that kind of stuff probably comes naturally (even when Gabriel takes it to a level so extreme), but what made either you or Raphael choose to make him live his life that way?


On the same note, aren’t you worried about what Gabriel’s doing? Is it a good idea to get Raphael angry like that? I don’t know what Gabriel might want 300 cabbages for, but 50 million pounds? What is she planning to do with that? Even worse than that, Raphael said he had people out there getting it for him. How? I suppose the Bible does say that money is the root of all evil…


You mentioned that M_ses hasn’t ‘returned’ to you yet. Where is he now? Does Purgatory exist? If I was him, I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself either, but I wouldn’t even be able to bear to even consider the things you said he did. It makes me feel sick just to think about someone else doing them.


I understand that M_ses created the Ten Commandments, and not you, and why he did it, but in light of that, the first two don’t make sense. If M_ses intended to be the ruler of all, then how could he benefit from telling people to have no other god but you and not to idolise anything or anyone else?


When I was asking if any of the Bible was true, I was thinking of pages or chapters. A whole book of the Bible would have been nice, but I wasn’t expecting it. You can’t seriously be telling me nothing beyond the first sentence is true? And still, that first sentence is only ‘pretty much’ true.


I apologise for mentioning ‘that other book’. I know I don’t like it, but I thought I must have been just about the only person in the world who felt that way. It’s comforting to know that there’s a whole group of people up there who feel the same way, although I must say that do you not think their reaction to the mere mention of it in my email was going a little bit overboard?


About Michelle, she really has nothing to worry about. If Damien thinks he even has the smallest chance of getting back together with me, he’s nuts. Besides, after what Gabriel and Michael did with him (not to mention whatever ‘nature of interrogation’ Raphael put him through to find out where he was left) I’m not sure I’d be able to look at him with a straight face again. I smile just thinking about it (after I’m done being disgusted by it. Aren’t you supposed to be against homosexuality?).


-Poppy


No comments: