Saturday, May 10, 2008

To: God
Re: Aliens, wasps and feeling bad about feeling good

I had always kind of wondered about aliens. I just couldn’t believe that the universe could be that big and we were the only ones here. I’d always thought that maybe the reason we had never detected or seen them was because they weren’t as advanced as us, but it’s actually because they’re all smarter than us. Are all of the aliens good, or are there bad ones? I’m starting to feel worried now. I’ve seen too many movies where aliens come to Earth to slaughter everyone. Should I be worried?


I don’t understand what you mean about souls forgetting their previous lives if they’re aiming for a certain experience. Surely it would be better if they remembered what they were aiming for so they could find it better. Even if it’s nice to feel like it’s a new experience, is it worth it if the experience takes that much longer to be had?


Can I ask you something? In the grand scheme of things, where do wasps fit into it all? I don’t understand the point of wasps. How do they benefit the world? A wasp landed on my windowsill this afternoon and I had no idea it was there until I managed to put my hand on it and it stung me. I’ve got a big lump on my hand where it stung me now and it’s really hurting. I want to scratch it but the more I scratch it the more it hurts. I could forgive a bee for stinging me since they help flowers to grow. What’s the point of wasps?


I know I feel like it’s what Damien deserves, but I feel bad about myself for getting some small pleasure about bad things happening to him. I know that I’d hate to think that someone else was getting pleasure over all of the too many bad things that happen to me. I’ve been through enough bad things to know how it feels, and it makes me feel terrible to enjoy someone else going through all of that.


You know one of the things that annoys me more than anything else? The way he talks about his relationship with Michelle like me and him never happened. It’s like he’s expecting me to comfort him about it or something when things go wrong with Michelle. I know I’m trying to forget all about me and Damien, but I can’t, and it annoys me when he talks about things like he does. How can it be so easy for him to forget and so difficult for me? Did I never matter to him?


Gabriel, you didn’t help bring him up, but you sure passed on your genes! You said you had had children of humans and many other races? Jesus wasn’t bothered about what he had sex with and neither are you!


Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude, but you might have gathered by now that I don’t have much tolerance for people who go out and get other people pregnant without much thought for the other people involved in it all. At least Damien is sticking with Michelle to see her through it all. What did you have to leave Mary for anyway?


Are you telling me that you’ve never once been jealous? Okay, let me think of an example…


What if you went out one day and came back to find Michael having sex with loads of other girls? You wouldn’t be at all jealous? Wow, what an example. Most other girls would kill their boyfriends if they did that.


Was there something in the water or something when all you angels decided what you were going to dedicate your lives to? Were Michael and Uriel at the front of the line and got the good things like compassion and emotional attachments, and you were behind them and chose sex because it was either that or trout, which you left to Raphael?


-Poppy


No comments: