Wednesday, April 30, 2008

To: God
Re: Alcohol and the Ten Commandments

Okay, I apologise in advance if this email seems a bit incoherent. Dad brought his girlfriend home last night just after you sent your email and I needed to get out of the house, and I ended up at the nightclub that me and Damien used to go to. That should have put me off in the first place, but it didn’t, and when I got there Damien was there with Michelle (I hadn't seen him in three weeks and now I've seen him twice in two days). I was gonna leave then but Damien wanted to argue with me, and I was in such a bad mood that I was happy to oblige.


Well, things happened and what you said about resisting temptation had got me thinking about things. If I’m tempted, it must mean I want it, Satan’s not trying to make me do it, Damien’s not going to Hell, punching him in the face isn’t exactly against the ten commandments but him cheating on me is. I didn’t have any motorised anal probes on me at the time. He was saying really horrible things to me, so I was just about to smack him in the face when these two absolutely gorgeous guys came up to me and offered to buy me a drink. It’s been a long time since I’ve looked at complete strangers that way, and since they had asked me, I let them.


Time got on and I wasn’t really paying attention, and in the end they got me so drunk I can hardly remember anything. I seem to remember one of them being called Mike or something like that and the other one said something about going to some penthouse suite they’d been to before, but that’s about it. I’m sure if I wasn’t still half drunk that that would make more sense to me but my mind just feels like very painful mush at the moment. I know it says in the Bible about not getting drunk and I completely forgive you for inventing hangovers because I was totally ignoring it last night, so I guess this is my punishment for it. I’m still not really sure how I got home. I just hope those two guys didn’t do anything.


I think you’re right about me having to tone down whatever I might do with Damien. I don’t want to end up in prison (although there isn’t really anyone left apart from you to worry about whether or not I’ve lost my sanity or not). Tell Gabriel thanks for the suggestion though. I can’t promise I won’t do anything some time in the future, but it just won’t be anything permanent. I’m just gonna see where temptation takes me and do my best to stick to the ten commandments.


I have to disagree with you on the fantasy bit though. Fantasy can be damaging to other people, if you let them out, anyway. I’ve read enough fantasies over the past week from a certain source. I just hope they ARE fantasies and she’s not being serious…


Oh goodness, that’s beginning to ring some bells. I hope I’m wrong. Can you do me a favour and check that Gabriel is actually in her room?


So, you didn’t really hand down the ten commandments then? (I’ve lived my life by them, so I’m not going to be able to drop them that easily, but I need to know). A week ago I might have been surprised by someone telling me this, but I don’t think there’s anything left that will surprise me any more. I’m sure you’ve got some story about what Moses was doing up Mount Sinai when he was supposed to be being given the ten commandments for the Jews, and I’m sure it’s going to be weird enough, but if I don’t ask it’ll make me curious later.


I think I’m going to have to go back to bed now though. My head is hurting so much I’m going to have to go and rest it off a bit.


-Poppy


No comments: